Perched high on the banks of Bedwell Bay, this beautiful home is currently undergoing a complete redevelopment. The exterior of the home showcases custom timber-framing and unique roof lines that will remain intact while the interior gets a complete redesign.
Interior features include:
– Seismic upgrades to foundation
– Hand excavation and suspended slab work for new crawl-space
– Complete redesign of floor plan with complex load transfers and beam work
– Built-in millwork
– Custom flooring, kitchen, stonework
– European kitchen and interior doors
– High efficiency insulation and HVAC systems
The property itself has seen the development of a low-impact cedar staircase that meanders 300 steps through the second growth cedar forest down to the sea. J. Norris was also responsible for the installation of a VTF sewage treatment system that employs natural bacteria and native plantings to safely turn sewage into potable water. Project is ongoing.